The Merry Patterns stamp set is so easy to use! Photopolymer stamps are so clear that it’s easy to line up the colour for the candles on the Basic Black outline. This stamp set is a special that’s only available until October 31, 2017. I’ve had so much fun with different colour combinations – Perfect Plum and Blushing Bride combine to make a beautiful birthday card!
- Be sure to stamp the candles, greeting & branches close enough so that it fits within the Stitched Oval Framelit.
- Use the Piercing Mat underneath the Whisper White cardstock before stamping with Photopolymer stamps.
- Cut Always Artichoke Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” and fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut Night of Navy Cardstock at 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use Winter Wonderland Textured Impressions Embossing Folder with the Big Shot to emboss this layer. Attach to the Whisper White layer with Snail Adhesive.
- Place a piece of Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape around both layers. Attach Night of Navy layer to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Use the Basic Black Archival Stampin’ Ink to stamp the outline of the candles on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use Always Artichoke Classic Ink to stamp the greeting above the candles and the branches below the candles.
- Use Night of Navy Classic Ink to stamp the candle design. Stamp one design with full strength ink and one design with the image stamped off once.
- Use So Saffron Classic Ink to stamp the flames of the candles.
- Use the Stitched Oval Framelits with the Big Shot and the Magnetic Platform to cut out the greeting.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the greeting layer over the Washi Tape on the card.
You can make this, too! Here’s a list of the product used:
If you want this stamp set for your collection, contact me today before Merry Patterns becomes part of the retired list!
Cool Adirondack Chair
I’m happy to share this really Cool Adirondack Chair with you today! Thanks to a fellow demonstrator, Sylvia, for swapping her card with me so I could CASE it for my monthly Grand Class. I like how the “In Colours” go together so well – Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide are 2 of my favourites! I’m pleased to see so many samples made using this Bundle. You can see the scrapbook layout that I made for our September Club Class using the same stamp set if you click here!
- Cut Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Tranquil Tide Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use Lemon Lime Twist Classic Ink to stamp the greeting near the bottom edge. Attach to Tranquil Tide layer with Snail Adhesive.
- Use the largest Scallop Layering Square to cut out a square from Eastern Palace Specialty DSP. Choose a side that has Lemon Lime Twist so it coordinates with the card base. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use the 3″ Square Stitched Framelit to cut Whisper White Cardstock 3″ x 3″. Attach over the DSP layer with Snail Adhesive.
- Use the Big Shot, Big Shot Magnetic Plate and the Adirondack Chair from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits to cut a chair from Tranquil Tide Cardstock. Attach to the 3″ Whisper White Cardstock square with Liquid Multipurpose Glue.
- Use Lemon Lime Twist Classic Ink to stamp the glass with a straw from the Colorful Seasons Stamp Set on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use the Big Shot, Big Shot Magnetic Plate and the Glass with a Straw from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits to cut out the stamped image.
- Attach the cut-out glass with the straw to the arm of the chair with Mini Dimensionals.
You can make it, too – these are the products used:
Projects for every season are possible with this stamp set and thinlits. You can get a 10% discount when you purchase it as a bundle.
Elegant Wedding Card
I felt so very privileged to be asked to make an Elegant Wedding Card for a friend who will be attending a wedding in Australia! I searched and searched for a something that would be “just right” for the special event! I’ve always loved working with monotone colours so that was my go-to selection for this project.
The cutting, stamping, and assembly of this card were easier than most. After cutting the Thick Whisper White cardstock for the base, I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock for the front layer. I embossed it using the Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. Using the 2″ Circle Punch, I created a window for the greeting to show through. The greeting on the front and inside were both stamped with Night of Navy Classic Ink. Stampin’ Dimensionals were used to attach the embossed layer to the card base. And now for the beautiful scrolled flowers to embellish the card front!! I was able to attach a piece of Whisper White cardstock to a piece of Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and cut the design out using the Flourish Thinlits Dies, the Big Shot, and the Magnetic Platform. I’m so pleased that Stampin’ Up! brought back these adhesive sheets – they make a project like this so easy to adhere the entire design!
The inside verse completes this amazing card for a very special couple:
Now you can make this card, too! Here are the products used:
and now I’ll show you another look:
Doesn’t this just make you want to make your own Elegant Wedding Card?
My Favourite Colour Is Blue
Today I’m sharing a bit of “me” with you! Anyone who knows me knows that my favourite colour is blue. So naturally, when it comes to Christmas cards, one of my favourite colour combinations is Night of Navy, Whisper White, and Silver! To showcase that combination, I’ve designed this Christmas card made with the Carols of Christmas stamp set and it’s coordinating Card Front Builder Thinlit Dies.
Here are the steps that I followed for this card:
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” and folded in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Night of Navy Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use the Moon & Stars Thinlit, Big Shot, and Magnetic Platform to cut the design near the top of the cardstock. Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive. Use the Wink of Stella Clear Brush to add some glitter to the moon and the stars.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 3″ x 3″. Use Night of Navy Classic Ink to stamp the greeting in the centre. Use the largest Square Stitched Framelit, Big Shot, and Magnetic Platform to cut out the greeting. Attach to Night of Navy layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Use the single Tree Thinlit and the Deer Thinlit, Big Shot, and Magnetic Platform to cut the images out of Silver Foil Cardstock. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the front of the Night of Navy layer.
- Embellish with 3 Metallic Enamel Shapes.
Now for a look at the inside – a greeting from the Christmas Pines stamp set:
You can make it too – here are the products I used:
Now, do you understand why I mentioned that anyone who knows me knows that my favourite colour is blue? You can see another card made with these products here.