The Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine is an awesome tool! It can be used with dies or embossing folders to easily cut shapes and add texture to your projects.
Shimmer Paint with Sponge Daubers
Have you tried applying Shimmer Paints with Sponge Daubers? In a recent class, we tried a variety of techniques using Shimmer Paint. This one was simple and produced a striking end result. By using the Tin Tile Textured Embossing folder first and then applying Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint with a sponge dauber, we are able to highlight the raised areas. You can add more paint if we want to so each card can be different!
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Berry Burst Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use the Big Shot and the Tin Tile Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder to add texture to the layer.
- Use a sponge dauber to add Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint to the raised areas of the embossing.
- Cut a piece of Berry Burst Metallic Ribbon and attach over the centre of the Berry Burst layer.
- Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Use Night of Navy Classic Ink to stamp the greeting on a scap of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Punch out the greeting with the Pretty Label Punch.
- Punch out another label from Night of Navy Cardstock and attach to the back of the greeting creating a shadow.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the completed greeting layer over the embossed layer.
These are the products used – click on the picture to purchase yours:
This combination resulted in a beautiful feminine birthday card. We could make the card with masculine colours and the results would be equally as stunning!