Pull Up Accordion Card
Thank you to Wendy Cranford for sharing her instructions to make this Pull Up Accordion Card! I love sharing “Fun Fold” cards with my customers so I was very excited to find Wendy’s instructions online. I would expect you to make this kind of card for an extra special someone in your life. I don’t think you would want to “mass produce” them but, if you do want to, I’m going to share the dimensions and assembly instructions with you.
- Card Base:
1 – 6-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ base (blushing bride)
1 – 6″ x 6″ base layer (DSP)
- Accordion Pieces:
4 – 2″ x 12″, score at 2″, 4″, 6″, 8″ & 10″
20 – 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ base squares (fresh fig)
16 – 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ base layers (DSP)
4 – 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ Whisper White for images and/or greeting
- Top Pieces:
2 – 7/8″ x 3-1/4″ for cross (fresh fig)
2 – 1-1/2″ circle (blushing bride)
1 – 1″ circle (fresh fig)
12″ length of ribbon
1 – 9-3/4″ x 9-3/4″
Score on Envelope Punch Board at 4-7/8″
1. Cut all pieces as indicated above. TIP: Instead of cutting the strips of 2″ x 12″, leave this piece 8″ x 12″ and score on the 12″ side at 2″, 4″, 6″, 8″ and 10″. Then place cardstock in the trimmer and trim on the 8″ side at 2″. This will yield 4 strips of 2″ x 12″ cardstock already scored.
2. Layer all base square pieces and the base layers on to the squares on the strips. Leave the bottom (last) square empty. This square will attach to the card base and does not need to be decorated. TIP: Stamp the images and/or greetings on the white card stock pieces before adding them to the base squares.
3. Turn the 6″ x 6″ designer series paper upside down, and mark at 3″ on each side. Draw a line across the paper from both sides creating a cross. Use these lines to line up the accordion pieces by placing the centre of the last square on the 2″ x 12″ strip over the centre of the pencil drawn cross. Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to attach so that you have a bit of “wiggle time” before the glue sets.
4. Turn DSP over with attached pieces – use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to attach the bases together.
5. Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to attach the cross pieces together and to attach the top square to the cross as per the picture.
6. Add the ribbon through holes that you punched in the middle of the crosses and the circle punches.
These are the products used for this card:
(click on the item to order it from my online store)
Blushing Bride 12″ X 12″ Card Stock
This picture shows the card when it’s being pulled up by the ribbon!