Butterflies with Black Checkered Background
The 2019 Occasions Catalogue has lots of butterflies in varying shapes and styles so I just had to make this card using Butterflies with Black Checkered Background! The coordinating Butterfly Duet Punch is a perfect addition to your crafting tools. It will cut out the sets of butterflies no matter which set you choose to stamp!
Detailed measurements and instructions:
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Use Memento Black Ink to stamp the greeting near the bottom of the front. Using a smaller greeting image would have allowed me to extend the background checker layer all the way to the bottom of the card front.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 1-1/2″. Use Memento Black Ink on the Buffalo Check Background Stamp to create the background strip for behind the butterflies. Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Use Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry and Coastal Cabana Classic Ink to stamp the desired set of butterflies from Butterfly Gala on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Both a big and a small butterfly are on the same image and line up perfectly with the Butterfly Duet Punch. The solid images can also be used to stamp over the outline images for a filled in image so you can make it look however you like.
- Use Memento Black Ink to stamp the body on the large butterfly. Use the coordinating colour to stamp the body on the small butterfly.
- Punch butterflies out with the Butterfly Duet Punch. Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to attach the small butterfly on top of the large butterfly. Use Snail Adhesive to attach the large butterfly over the checkered background. Once the glue has dried, fold the wings up slightly.
These products were used to make this card:
Thanks to Paper Daisy Crafting for sharing this design.