Each month club members gather to share ideas, create together and learn new techniques.
Shimmer Paint Mixed With Ink Refills
There are lots of different ways to use shimmer paint when you’re crafting. For this card, I used Frost White Shimmer Paint mixed with Ink Refills. I was amazed at how easy it was to create beautiful shiny colours by mixing very little Shimmer Paint with a variety of Ink Refills.
- Cut Old Olive Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Cajun Craze Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5″ x 3-3/4″.
- Stamp greeting and flower image with Tuxedo Memento Black Ink.
- Using the Stamparatus to line up the flowers on top of the cream can, stamp the cream can with Basic Gray Classic Ink.
- Place a drop of Frost White Shimmer Paint on the Silicone Craft Sheet.
- Close by, place a drop of Old Olive Classic Ink Refill, a drop of Cajun Craze Classic Ink Refill and a drop of Poppy Parade Classic Ink Refill.
- Using an Aqua Painter with minimal water, mix a small amount of the Shimmer Paint with each colour and paint the flower arrangement.
- Using an Aqua Painter, mix the remaining Shimmer Paint with the remaining ink on the Silicone Craft Sheet and paint on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.
- Use the Sprig Punch to punch out a sprig – glue on the inside layer,
- Use Basic Gray Blends to colour the cream can.
- Use a small paint brush to paint Frost White Shimmer paint over the rims of the cream can.
- Attach over the Cajun Craze Cardstock layer with Snail Adhesive.