Life’s Too Short To Say No To Cake
When the icing on the cake show ombre colours, why not make a card to match in ombre colours and remember that Life’s Too Short to Say No to Cake!! My Mom was an amazing cake decorator and always made the most amazing cakes!! I’m afraid that I didn’t get much of her talent in that department but I can make a great “cake card” like this one!!
Here’s how it was made:
- Cut Flirty Flamingo Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″. Emboss the front layer with the Big Shot and the Scattered Sequins Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder.
- Cut Highland Heather Cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 3″.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 3″. Use Memento Black Ink to stamp the greeting and the cake near the bottom edge.
- Use the Stampin’ Blends to colour as desired.
- Stamp the small dots with Highland Heather Classic Ink and Flirty Flamingo Classic Ink.
- Attach to the Whisper White layer over the Highland Heather layer. Because the layers are the same size, the white layer should be placed at an angle to show the Highland Heather layer peeking out.
- Tie a length of White Baker’s Twine around the top of the 2 layers.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the completed layer to the card front.
- Attach 3 Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins near the stamped images.