When you want a quick background with colours that match the cardstock layers, you and always use marbles to make a Marble Background layer! This is another sample from the October Technique Class. What an easy way to create coordinating background layers for any design!
- Cut Flirty Flamingo Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2”
- Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Blackberry Bliss Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5″ x 3-3/4″.
- In a clamshell stamp case, put a few drops of Flirty Flamingo Classic Ink Refill and a few drops of Blackberry Bliss Classic Ink Refill.
- Add a few marbles and roll them around so they get some of the ink on them.
- Use a small bit of Snail Adhesive (or removable adhesive) to adhere the Whisper White layer to the lid of the stamp case.
- Turn the stamp case over so the marbles roll over the cardstock and create the desired background.
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach the Whisper White layer to the Blackberry Bliss layer.
- Cut a length of Burlap Ribbon
- Use Glue Dots to adhere around the centre of the Whisper White / Blackberry Bliss layer.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach this completed layer to the card base.
- For the Greeting
- Using the Stamparatus, stamp the border with Blackberry Bliss Classic Ink
- Using the Stamparatus, stamp the greeting with Flirty Flamingo Classic Ink.
- Use the Everyday Punch to punch out the greeting.
- Adhere over the ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
To get everything you need to make this card, except the marbles, click on the image below:
Here’s what the clamshell case with the marbles looks like:
You can keep the marbles in this case and use them again the next time you want to create a Marble Background!