Baker’s twine – all colours and all thicknesses
Encouraging Words from Rooted In Nature Stamp Set
What a treat it would be to receive Encouraging Words from Rooted In Nature Stamp Set, don’t you agree? By adding a splash of colour (Tranquil Tide in this case) from the In Color Designer Series Paper, you can create a “quick & easy” card in a short amount of time.
Details and Instructions:
- Cut Basic Black Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use Big Shot and Subtle Embossing Folder to add a design.
- Cut 2017-2019 In Color DSP at 2″ x 5-1/4″. Attach near the left side of the embossed Whisper White cardstock with Snail Adhesive. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the front of the card base.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 4″ x 2″. Use Memento Black Ink to stamp the tree from Rooted In Nature. Use Snail Adhesive to attach this layer to Basic Black Cardstock that has been cut at 4-1/4″ x 2-1/4″.
- Cut a length of Black Baker’s Twine. Wrap around the tree layer and tie a bow. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach this layer over the DSP.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 1/2″ x 2-3/4″.
- Tip: I used the Stamparatus to line up the words even though my stamp set is mounted on wood. By figuring out where to place the paper, I could place the wooden part of the stamp in the corner and my words were stamped in the centre of the cardstock.
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach a small piece of matching DSP along the bottom of the greeting piece. Use the Paper Snips to angle trim each end. Use Snail Adhesive to attach over the “tree” layer making sure to show a small bit of white at the bottom.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use Tranquil Tide Classic Ink (or coordinating ink if using a different DSP) to stamp the desired greeting. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the inside of the card.
With a greeting like this on the inside of the card base, you won’t have to write much more!
These are the products used for this card: (click on the item to order it from my online store):
Now let’s have a closer look at the finished card: