Unique Design for a Card
This unique design for a card was shared by my fellow demonstrator, Lillian Kemp. I want to thank her for sharing the details so that I could CASE this card for the ladies who attended my class. I love how the Country Floral Embossing Folder added just enough texture to the background for the greeting to stand out. And the pearlized DSP adds just enough shine & glimmer to the card front.
Let’s take a look at how to make a card like this:
- Cut Crumb Cake Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4”. Cut Crumb Cake Cardstock at 8-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ – score and fold at 4-1/4″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach the right-hand side to the bottom of the 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4” Crumb Cake Cardstock.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use Big Shot and Country Floral Dynamic Embossing Folder to add a design to the top 2-1/2″. Stamp a leaf image from the Painted Seasons Stamp Set near the bottom of this layer. Use Liquid Multipurpose Glue to adhere to the Crumb Cake Cardstock.
- Cut Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper at 4″ x 3″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the front of the card.
- Use Old Olive Classic Ink to stamp greeting from Strong & Beautiful Stamp Set on a piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Use Big Shot and Stitched Circle Framelit to cut out the greeting. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to an Old Olive Colored Doily. Use the 2″ Circle Punch to punch out a Whisper White circle to put on the back of the doily so the glue doesn’t stick to the embossed white layer.
- Use Glue Dots to attach 2 pieces of ribbon near the top of the DSP layer. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach the completed doily layer over the ribbon – remember to use the dimensionals on the bottom of the doily ONLY!
These are the products used:
When the front layer is opened, this is what you see inside: