Tag Archive: embossing powder
Dandelion Wishes Embossed in White
This is a technique that I love using! I’m not sure what this technique is called but I really like how it highlights an area of the card front without using a lot of extra cardstock. The image to highlight is cut out of the background layer, attached to a different colour and reattached over the cut-out area – easy peasy!
Measurements and Instructions:
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Basic Black Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Wipe with the Embossing Buddy. Use Versamark Ink to stamp dandelions, fluff and greeting. NOTE: Using the Stamparatus to line the images up allows you to get the placement correct before actual stamping. Sprinkle White Stampin’ Embossing Powder over the Versamark Ink image. Melt with the Heat Tool.
- Use the Big Shot with a plain Square Framelit to cut out the greeting and some of the dandelions. Use Snail Adhesive to attach the cut-out square to a Scallop Square that has been cut out of Whisper White Cardstock with the Big Shot and the Square Scallop Framelit. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to mount this completed square over the opening in the Basic Black layer.
- Embellish with Clear Faceted Gems.
These are the products used to make this card:
Geared Up Garage Bundle
Today I’m sharing one of my favourite masculine cards for a special grandson who owns a “Blue Car”! We became Grandparents 21 years ago when he arrived and have been so blessed with many happy memories!! For his special day, I thought this Geared Up Garage Bundle was perfect! It has a great variety of garage type items – car, gears, tool box, gas can, and the coordinating Designer Series Paper matches perfectly – you can even use the framelits to cut out images from the DSP!
Details of how the card was made:
- Cut Pacific Point Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Use Versamark Ink with 2 stamps from the Geared Up Garage stamp set to create a background on the front of the card base.
- Cut Classic Garage DSP at 2″ x 4″.
- Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut Basic Black Cardstock with the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies and the Big Shot.
- Use Liquid Mono Glue to adhere over the DSP.
- Use Versamark Ink to stamp the car on Pacific Point Cardstock.
- Sprinkle Clear Embossing Powder over the image.
- Melt the embossing powder with the heat tool.
- Use the car from the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies and the Big Shot to cut out the embossed image.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach over the “gears” and the DSP.
- Stamp the greeting on a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use the Garage Gears Thinlits Dies and the Big Shot to cut out the greeting.
- Use Liquid Mono Glue to attach a length of Black/Silver Ribbon underneath the greeting.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to raise the greeting section and attach over the ribbon.
- Use Liquid Mono Glue to attach the completed greeting to the card front.
- Use a Mini Glue Dot to attach the Classic Garage Metal Elements.
Here’s a video showing how I made this card.
These are the products used:
Have a look at the inside of the card
Now it’s time to share your creations made with this bundle!!