Rooted In Nature Birthday Card
When I needed a LOT of masculine birthday cards, I searched for Rooted In Nature Birthday Card ideas on Pinterest and this is what I found! So many of the pieces used by Su Mohr in this design were exactly what I was looking for. The subtle design on the DSP, the embossed leaves used on the Galvanized Metallic Paper, and the square behind the tree raised with Foam Adhesive Strips all screamed “use me” so I gathered all my supplies and started creating. In the end, I decided a heat embossed greeting would be the final glowing touch!
Now you’ve seen all the pieces cut and ready for assembly, let’s look at the completed card!
- Cut Crumb Cake Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Stamp the inside greeting from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set with Early Espresso Classic Ink.
- Cut coordinating Designer Series Paper at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Use Embossing Buddy over the area where the greeting will be stamped.
- Stamp the greeting with Versamark Ink.
- Sprinkle Silver Embossing Powder over the Versamark.
- Melt the Embossing Powder with the Heat Tool.
- Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut Galvanized Metallic Paper at 5-1/4″ x 1-1/4″.
- Emboss with Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies and the Big Shot.
- Attach over the DSP layer with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut Crumb Cake frame with the Layering Square Framelits and the Big Shot.
- Use Foam Adhesive Strips to attach over the DSP.
- Stamp the oak tree from Rooted In Nature with Early Espresso Classic Ink on Crumb Cake Cardstock.
- Use Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies and the Big Shot to cut out the tree.
- Use Liquid Mono Glue to attach the tree over the frame.