Different folds used for simple and fancy cards.
Diagonal Cross Over Fun Fold Card
Thank you to Jo-Anne Rogers, my friend & fellow demonstrator, for sharing her talents in her video showing how this card is made! I have tried to itemize the steps so you can create one for yourself. If that doesn’t make sense or you need more help, please watch Jo-Anne’s video – she explains it so well!
Even though this card requires the use of 1 full sheet of cardstock, the resulting creation is well worth it and I’m sure anyone receiving it will feel extra special. Just imagine using any of the many Designer Series Papers that Stampin’ Up! has – the possibilities are endless!
These are the products used to make this card:
To see more details or to order some for your supply, click on the picture or the description.
Now for the measurements and instructions:
- Score a sheet of Mossy Meadow Cardstock at 5-1/2″ – Cut sheet at 4-1/4″.
- On each piece of cardstock, cut a triangle off from the line that was scored to the opposite corner. Fold on the score line. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to glue the 2 pieces of cardstock together making sure there is a triangle pointing out to either side.
- Cut Brightly Gleaming DSP at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Cut diagonally so you can use a different side on each triangle piece of cardstock.
- Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to glue DSP to the cardstock. Decide which design you want to be on top of the cross over. Being careful to only apply glue along the edge, use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to glue each cardstock triangle to the card base.
- Cut Mossy Meadow Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 3-3/4″. Cut Very Vanilla Copper Classic Ribbon to have a piece showing “Merry Christmas”. Place a length of Tear & Tape along the upper right-hand edge of the Mossy Meadow Cardstock. Fold the length of ribbon in half – lay over the Tear & Tape – add another piece of Tear & Tape. This will make it easier to pull out this layer with your greeting on it!
- Cut Very Vanilla Cardstock at 5-1/8″ x 3-5/8″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach over the ribbon on the Mossy Meadow cardstock. The border is thinner than usual.
- Stamp the greeting from the Winter Woods stamp set using Versamark Ink. Sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder. Melt the powder with the Heat Tool. Cut out with the Big Shot and a Stitched Nested Label Die. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to a Mossy Meadow Stitched Nested Label Die shape that was cut out with the Big Shot. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the front of the card making sure that they don’t stick to the inside layer.