Tag Archive: glimmer paper
2018 Christmas Shadow Box Insert
This is the 2018 Christmas Shadow Box Insert that we recently completed in one of my classes! Decorating for Christmas is a tradition that I love! A 12″ x 12″ shadow box frame that hangs in our front entry all year. It’s so easy to change the insert for the season rather than looking for an appropriate wall accessory. I can hardly wait to have this Christmas Shadow Box insert brightening our front entrance!
I’m sure you can see the details of each square in the picture so for directions I’m only going to share the measurements of the layers.
Cherry Cobbler: 1 – 12″ x 12″; 1 – 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″; Scraps to cut the acorns from
Whisper White: 3 – 3″ x 3″; Scraps for the house, farm truck, Santa characters
Shaded Spruce: 7 – 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″; 1 – 7″ x 3-1/4″
Crumb Cake: 1 – 3″ x 3″; 1 – 11″ x 4″; Scraps to cut the background for the house and the ground area that the Christmas trees are on (used Snail over the Crumb Cake layer and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds)
These are the products used:
Red Glimmer Paper
Two Small Strips of Gold Glimmer Paper
I’m sure everyone loves sparkle for Christmas greetings so I used two small strips of Gold Glimmer Paper as well as Gold Embossing Powder for this card! And did you notice that we used a piece of the All Is Bright Designer Series Paper to add to the sparkle? The gals who attended the Stamp-A-Stack of Christmas Cards were surprised at how quickly it went together and they loved the results!
- Cut Thick Whisper White Cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 11” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Use Crumb Cake Classic Ink to stamp verse inside the card base.
- Cut a piece of the Gold Ball DSP from All Is Bright DSP at 5-1/2″ x 2″.
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the centre of the card base.
- Cut 2 pieces of Gold Glimmer Paper at 5-1/2″ x 1/2″ – a great way to use those small pieces of glimmer paper!
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach 1 piece to each side of the DSP.
- Use Versamark Ink to stamp the greeting on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Sprinkle with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Melt with the Heat Tool.
- Use the Stitched Framelit and the Big Shot to cut out the greeting.
- Attach the greeting to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Here are the products used:
Now for another look including the envelope: