Tag Archive: paper trimmer
Big Changes Coming!!
Wow! If you’re on my newsletter list, you will have received an email about this news – Stampin’ Up announced on April 9/19, that both the Stampin’ Trimmer and Big Shot are retiring! They won’t be available in the new catalogue and will be “while supplies last” from here on out. If you have one of these, make sure you grab extra blades, clear plates, the magnetic platform or any other accessories you’ve been wanting! (Blades will continue to be offered through September.)
I’m sure that whatever Stampin’ Up! will be replacing these items with, we will be impressed!! So, for now, make sure you get these retiring products before they’re gone!!
This card is sure to “Wow” the recipient because it is so unusual but it really isn’t that hard to create an Impossible Card! I’m so glad that Dawn Griffith shared her design video! After making a couple of samples for the October Technique Class, I started thinking of all the variations that would be very effective with this design! Have you tried this? Share what you’ve made – I’d love to see all of them!
So now I’d like to share the steps taken to get these results:
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- On the 4-1/4″ side, score at 2-1/8″.
- On the 5-1/2″ side, mark at 2-3/4″ from the outside edge to the score made at 2-1/8″.
- Turn the cardstock 90 degrees
- Mark at 1″ from each end from the outside edge to the score made at 2-1/8″.
- Use Paper Snips to cut on 1″ marks and on the 2-3/4″ mark
- Layer 2 (for either flat side) – Cut 2 Basic Black Cardstock at 4-1/8″ x 2-5/8″
- On the 4-1/8″ side, score at 2″
- On the 2-5/8″ side, score at 7/8″
- Layer 3 (for either flat side) – Cut DSP at 4″ x 2-1/2″ – make sure the pattern on the DSP will be going the correct way.
- On the 4″ side, score at 1-7/8″
- On the 2-1/2″, score at 3/4″
- Greeting layer – Cut Basic Black Cardstock at 3-3/8″ x 2″.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 3-1/4″ x 1-7/8″.
- Use Memento Black Ink to stamp greeting on this layer.
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach to Basic Black layer and to attach to the card base.
- Tab – Cut DSP at 5-1/2″ x 3/4″ – Use Snail Adhesive to attach near the front edge of the card to stabilize it.
- Add Gold Faceted Gems.
- (Video by Dawn Griffith explains this card!)
And to get the supplies used, just click on the images below:
This is the same card made with a different kind of DSP (Designer Series Paper):