DistINKtive Christmas Poinsettia
Here’s a DistINKtive Christmas Poinsettia card. Have you heard of the DistINKtive Stamps that are available from Stampin’ Up!? They are a special design that allows you to have shading on the stamped images with only one, yes ONE, stamp!! I love how this type of stamp creates different opacities in a single stamped image for realistic depth and intensity.
In the first picture, you can see this special effect in the stamped leaves. The ink on the flowers was a little bit too dark so the shading didn’t show as well in this picture. You can check out the flower stamped on the envelope at the end of this post and you’ll see a better visual of the DistINKtive stamp!
- Cut Merry Merlot Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Use Merry Merlot Classic Ink and Old Olive Classic Ink to stamp the poinsettia and the leaves.
- Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Punch out a piece of Copper Foil with the Starburst Punch.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach over the Whisper White layer.
- Use Versamark ink to stamp the greeting on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Sprinkle with Copper Embossing Powder.
- Melt with the Heat Tool.
- Use the 2″ Circle Punch to punch out the greeting.
- Attach over the Copper Foil layer with Snail Adhesive.
- Use a small paint brush with Copper Shimmer Paint to colour the Pearl Basic Jewels.
- Attach to the centres of the Poinsettia flowers.
Here are the products used:
Now for another look at the card including a matching envelope – can you see the copper coloured pearls that I placed in the centre of the Poinsettia flowers? Stampin’ Up! does not sell copper coloured pearls, I created them by painting Pearl Basic Jewels with Bright Copper Shimmer Paint!! I love how we can use Shimmer Paint and Stampin’ Blends to make matching embellishments.