Shimmer Paint with a Stampin’ Spritzer
Shimmer paint lends itself to so many techniques – this one uses Shimmer Paint with a Stampin’ Spritzer and some rubbing alcohol. To create a beautiful shimmery background, all you need to do is mix a few drops of Shimmer Paint with rubbing alcohol (about 2/3 full) in a Stampin’ Spritzer. Be sure to shake the spritzer each time before spraying the mixture on cardstock. For this card, I sprayed Soft Suede cardstock with Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint mixed with rubbing alcohol. The pictures don’t show the shimmer but, believe me, it looks amazing!!
Measurements and instructions:
- Cut Soft Suede Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Very Vanilla Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Using Big Shot and Circle Framelits cut a circle out.
- Cut Soft Suede Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Mix rubbing alcohol with 3-4 drops of Vegas Gold Shimmer Paint – shake well – spritz over cardstock that has been placed in a tin foil baking pan.
- Let it dry.
- Using Big Shot and Circle Framelits cut the next larger circle out.
- Emboss with the Petite Petal Embossing Folder.
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the back of the circular opening in the Very Vanilla layer.
- Attach to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Using Big Shot and Petite Petal Thinlits to cut 2 large corner flowers and 2 smaller corner flowers.
- Attach as indicated in the picture using the Liquid Glue.
- Stamp the greeting with Soft Suede Classic Ink.
- Cut out with the framelit and Big Shot.
- Attach to the front layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals
These are the products used for this card:
Whether you apply Shimmer Paint with a sponge dauber or with a Stampin’ Spritzer, you will absolutely LOVE the results!!