Ink refills are a great source of colour when you want to make a background layer for your card design. This time I applied Granny Apple Green, Gorgeous Grape, and Bermuda Bay with a Water Painter for a bright, swirly layer.
Here are the products used:
If you want to order, click on the image or the description and you’ll be directed to my online store!
Here are the instructions and dimensions for this card:
- Cut Very Vanilla Cardstock at 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, score at 4-1/4″, fold and burnish with Bone Folder.
- Cut Granny Apple Green Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″ – Use Stampin’ Seal to attach to the card base.
- To colour the background layer:
- Squeeze a few drops of each colour of ink from the refill bottles on the lid of the same colour stamp pad or on a clear glass block.
- Using the mid-sized Water Painter, squeeze & spread a small amount of water on the Watercolour Paper.
- Now that the Painter is wet, dip it in the ink and place it where you want it on the Watercolour Paper. The ink will run some because the paper is wet and the ink & Painter are wet.
- Once your layer has enough of the colours, set it aside to dry. This process can be helped by using a Heat Tool from the backside of the Watercolour Paper.
- Cut the dry coloured background layer at 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ – attach to Granny Apple Green layer with Stampin’ Seal.
- Use Gorgeous Grape Classic Ink to stamp the greeting from the Touched by Heart stamp set on Very Vanilla cardstock.
- Use an Ornate Layer Die and the Big Shot to cut out the greeting – attach to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.