Let’s see how to make this cute little gift bag!
I’m sure you have some sheets of DSP (Designer Series Paper) that will make such cute gift bags! To start with, you will need a 12″ x 12″ sheet of DSP that has designs you like on both sides! And, we all know that Stampin’ Up! DSP is designed to go well with all the sheets in the package. For this project, Forever Greenery DSP (#152492) was my choice and the DSP on the cards also came from that package as well.
Using the graphic as a guide, cut the 12×12 DSP at 9″ x 12″
- With the side you want showing on the outside facing downward, put DSP on Simply Scored Scoring Tool (or Paper Trimmer).
- Have the longest side along the top – score at 1″, 5-1/4″, 6-3/4″ and 11″
- Turn the paper so the shorter side is along the top of your scoring tool – score at 1-1/2″ and 7-1/2″
- Looking at your paper with the longest side facing you, there are 2 small squares in the centre of the page on each of the long sides. Cut on both sides of the squares up to the next score line so you have 2 little flaps – fold them inwards
- Fold along all score lines, folding inwards, except the two 1″ score lines on the very ends. Fold those two in the other direction. Look at the picture of the “purse” so you see that your opposite colours are showing. This gives a nice little edge in different colours all the way around.
- Apply strong sticky strips to the outside edge of the small centre flaps and the large side flaps
- Starting with one end, fold into the shape of your box and then stick the sides together
- To make the handles, take the paper that you cut off and sized to 1/2″ x 12″.
- Using a corner punch, shape the ends of each one and attach to the purse.
Cards to place in the Gift Bag:
These are the supplies used:
- Stamps: Ornate Thanks #149471; Ornate Style #152572; Lovely You #152525; Tasteful Touches #152562; or stamps of your choice
- Ink: Terracotta Tile #150086; Old Olive #147090; Memento Black #132708; Versamark #102283; Mint Macaron #147106; Blends: Mint Macaron #154889; Daffodil Delight #154883
- Paper: Whisper White Narrow Cards & Envelopes #145583 (retired); Basic White Cardstock # 159276 – scrap for greeting; Silver Foil # 132178; Forever Greenery DSP #152492; Assorted Memories & More Cards & Envelopes #159234; Terracotta Tile Cardstock #150884; Ornate Garden Specialty Designer Series Paper #152488; Silver Foil #132178; Basic White Note Cards & Envelopes #159232; Mint Macaron Cardstock #138337; Tissue paper
- Accessories: Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack #152479; Stitched Rectangle Dies #151820; 2″ Circle Punch #133782; Stitched So Sweetly Dies #151690; Stitched Nested Label Dies #149638; Gold Embossing Powder #109129; Gold Glitter Enamel Dots #152155; Gold Fine Art Ribbon #154651; Ornate Layers Dies #152726; Tear & Tape #154031 or another strong adhesive;
Thanks to Janice McIntrye for sharing this design.