Gorgeous Grape Merry Christmas
Every now & then I like to use a “non-traditional” colour for Christmas cards! For this one, I chose Gorgeous Grape Cardstock as a background to show off the Purple Posy sparkly trees! Of course, the beautiful Merry Christmas ribbon adds the perfect finishing touch to this “Quick & Easy” card.
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make this card for yourself:
You can just click on the picture or the description to purchase what you need – except for the Purple Post Classic Stamp Pad – unfortunately, it has been discontinued due to the quality of the ink – sorry! I would suggest that the trees could be stamped in the Gorgeous Grape Classic Ink using the “stamping off” technique.
Here’s where you’ll find the directions and the sizes used:
- Cut Very Vanilla Cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 11” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Gorgeous Grape Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″.
- Cut Very Vanilla Cardstock at 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ – a size smaller than I usually use so the Gorgeous Grape shows up better!
- Use Purple Posy Classic Ink to stamp the trees from the Winter Woods stamp set on the Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Place Shimmery Crystal Effects on the tree branches. Sprinkle with Ice Stampin’ Glitter to add sparkle.
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the Gorgeous Grape layer.
- Cut a length of Very Vanilla Classic Weave Ribbon to fit along the bottom of the combined Very Vanilla – Gorgeous Grape layer – attach with Glue Dots.
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the front of the card.
- Use Gorgeous Grape Classic Ink to stamp the desired greeting on the inside of the card base.
And now here’s another look at the card and the coordinating envelope!