Merry Christmoose with Mercury Glass Designer Acetate
This cute moose is on his way to share your Merry Christmas with family and friends. The Mercury Glass Designer Acetate adds a special shine while having the background colour showing through. Whether you use green, blue, pink or purple behind this specialty paper, you’ll get great results!!
Here are the supplies you’ll need to make this card:
Here’s how to make the card:
- Cut Shaded Spruce Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2 – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut Mercury Glass Designer Acetate at 5-1/4″ x 2″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the right-hand side of the card front.
- Use the Big Shot and the Circle Die to cut the circle from Shaded Spruce Cardstock.
- Use the Big Shot and the Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder to add some dimension along part of the edge of the circle. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to attach to the card front. Tip: Other adhesives can be used but, because of the uneven surface created by the embossing folder, I find it better to use the liquid glue.
- On Whisper White Cardstock, stamp the tree with Shaded Spruce Classic Ink, the Merry Christmas greeting with Shaded Spruce Classic Ink and the moose with Early Espresso Classic Ink.
- Use a circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies to cut out the greeting. Use the Big Shot and the Pinewood Plank Embossing Folder to add dimension. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach partially over the green circle.
- Use the Pine Punch to cut out the tree. Stamp the tree trunk with Early Espresso Classic Ink. Use Mini Dimensionals to attach to the card base.
- Use the Moose Punch to cut out the moose. Add a length of Real Red Curly Ribbon around the neck of the moose. Fray the ends of the ribbon for added dimension. Use Mini Dimensionals to attach to the card base.
- Add Rhinestone Basic Jewels for the eye of the moose and the treetop.