Sympathy Card in Blueberry Bushel
Sometimes symapthy cards are the hardest to design and make, especially if you have a short timeline to get it completed. Because of this, I usually hold a Stamp-A-Stack of Sympathy cards at least once a year for my customers. This is one of the cards I made for a recent class. The card base is not the usual 1/2 sheet of cardstock – it started that way but then had 1-1/4″ cut off the front layer. By adding the greeting and it’s background layer, I discovered that it will stand on the table as most cards do.
Here are the products used:
If you want to order, click on the image or the description and you’ll be directed to my online store!
Here are the instructions and dimensions for this card:
- Cut Blueberry Bushel Cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 11” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- On the front layer, cut off 1-1/4″.
- Cut Pressed Petals Specialty DSP at 4″ x 4″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the front layer.
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the back layer.
- For the coordinating layer at the bottom of the back layer, cut Pressed Petals Specialty DSP at 4″ x 1-1/4″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the bottom of the back layer.
- For the layer behind the word layer, cut a piece of Blueberry Bushel Cardstock with one of the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and the Big Shot.
- Use Blueberry Bushel Classic Ink to stamp the greeting from Flourishing Phrases on Whisper White Cardstock. Use the rectangle shape from Stitched So Sweetly Dies and the Big Shot to cut out the greeting. Attach to the background layer with Snail Adhesive.
- Attach the completed greeting layer to the bottom edge of the front layer making sure to only put adhesive on half of the greeting so it doesn’t stick to the back layer.
- Embellish with Pearl Basic Jewels.
Here’s a look at the inside layer: