Thanks to Bruno Bertucci for sharing his Scrappy Strips Card and the video on how to make it! I found that once you get started cutting the strips, there’s no end to the designs and quantity of cards you can create with just a few pieces of cardstock or Designer Series Paper.
For this card, I’ve used 2018-2020 In Colors that will be retiring soon. I hope you will be able to purchase all the inks, cardstock, and coordinating products before they sell out. You can see each of these colours (Pineapple Punch, Grapefruit Grove, Call Me Clover, Blueberry Bushel, Lovely Lipstick) in the links below.
Here are the products used:
If you want to order, click on the image or the description and you’ll be directed to my online store!
Here are the dimensions and steps used:
- Cut Whisper White Cardstock at 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2” – Fold in 1/2 to create standard card size of 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″.
- Cut 2 pieces of Basic Black Cardstock at 5-1/4″ x 4″. Use Snail Adhesive to attach 1 piece to the card base.
- Cut 1 piece of each colour at 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″:
- Pineapple Punch Cardstock,
- Grapefruit Grove Cardstock,
- Lovely Lipstick Cardstock,
- Blueberry Bushel Cardstock
- Call Me Clover Cardstock.
- To make the strips, use the Paper Trimmer to cut strips of Pineapple Punch Cardstock, Grapefruit Grove Cardstock, Lovely Lipstick Cardstock, Blueberry Bushel Cardstock and Call Me Clover Cardstock. Make sure that one end is wider than the other end. No need to measure, just keep changing the angle of the cardstock as you cut the entire piece. For added dimension, you can use Textured Impressions Embossing Folders and the Big Shot.
- Use the 2nd Basic Black Cardstock as a base to glue the coloured strips on with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Start with the first piece being placed along the edge of the black cardstock.
- Alternate the colours as desired – position them with a small area of black showing in between each piece.
- The wide end and the narrow end of the strips should alternate at the top and the bottom.
- Let the glue dry before trimming the top layer to 5″ x 3-3/4″. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the Basic Black layer.
- Using Basic Black Memento Ink to stamp the greeting from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set on Grapefruit Grove Cardstock. Use the Story Label Punch to punch out the greeting.
- Use the Story Label Punch to punch out the background layer for the greeting. Use Multipurpose Liquid Glue to attach to the back of the greeting.