Holidays and celebrations
Tag Archive: Holidays and Celebrations
Recently I did a video showing how to make an Accordion Fold Easter Card. It really looks like it would be hard to make but, thanks to JanB Cards, it really was quite easy!
This design can also be made into a mini-album by placing matted ovals or squares on each of the panels. Can you imagine what that would look like?
The colour scheme I used for the Accordion Fold Easter Card is Whisper White Cardstock and Daffodil Delight Cardstock. I used the Timeless Tulips Stamp Set and the Pleased As Punch Designer Series Paper.
Here are the products used:
If you want to order, click on the image or the description and you’ll be directed to my online store!
Here are the instructions and dimensions for this card:
- Whisper White Cardstock:
- 1 pc 12″ x 5-1/2″, score at 4″, 7-1/2″, 11″
- 1 pc 11″ x 5-1/2″, score at 3″, 6″, 8-1/2″
- Daffodil Delight Cardstock:
- 2 pcs 5-3/8″ x 2-3/8″
- 2 pcs 5-3/8″ x 2-7/8″
- 2 pcs 5-3/8″ x 3-3/8″
- 2 pcs 5-3/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Designer Series Paper (Pleased As Punch):
- 2 pcs 5-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- 2 pcs 5-1/4″ x 2-3/4″
- 2 pcs 5-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- 2 pcs 5-1/4″ x 3-3/4″
- Ribbon – 24″
- Fold each of the Whisper White Cardstock pieces on each of the score lines with each fold being the opposite direction from the last fold.
- Use a strong adhesive like Tear ‘N Tape to attach the 1″ strip on the longer piece to the widest section of the shorter piece.
- Attach 24″ of ribbon around the folded card being sure to have the front approximately 6″ shorter than the back. This will result in the tied bow being on the front edge.
- Decide which side of the Designer Series Paper to display. Use Snail Adhesive to attach the DSP to the cardstock.
- Arrange the layers in the desired locations. Use Old Olive Classic Ink to stamp the tulip stems.
- Use the Tulip Builder Punch to punch tulips and leaves from the DSP.
- Use Daffodil Delight Classic Ink, Crushed Curry Classic Ink, and Calypso Coral Classic Ink to stamp tulips on Whisper White Cardstock. Punch images out with the Tulip Builder Punch.
- Use Snail Adhesive and Dimensionals to attach the tulips and the leaves to the layers as desired.
- Stamp the greetings desired from the Timeless Tulips Stamp Set with Green Apple Classic Ink on Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use dies from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and the Big Shot to cut out the greetings. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach to the layers.
Get tips & tricks, as well as a peek at this card fully opened up, you can go here to see the video.
We all have our favourite colours! Today I’m sharing a few of mine and hope that you’ll share yours with me as well.
These colours (Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Soft Sea Foam) remind me of Easter and Spring !
Happy Easter, Happy Spring shared by fellow demonstrator, Jo-Anne Rogers at Design With Jo is bright and cheery and filled with treats!
Here’s another sample of Easter and Spring colours that I created a few years ago. There are so many possibilities when you have over 40 Stampin’ Up! colours to pick from!
Now it’s your turn – create and be sure to share your creations with me!!