Gatefold Card Softened With Vellum
Thanks so much to fellow demonstrator Lillian Kemp for sharing her design using vellum on a gatefold card on FaceBook Live!
By following the instructions provided by Lillian, I found it so easy to complete this card! I’m sure that whoever receives it will be delighted. Even the post office workers will be impressed by the Designer Series Paper on the envelope!
When you use coordinating cardstock with any Stampin” Up! DSP, the resulting greeting card will be perfect. And it’s so easy to do the coordination when Stampin’ Up! gives you all the coordinating colours right on the back of the DSP package. You can see another example using DSP here and here.
Here are the products used:
If you want to order, click on the image or the description and you’ll be directed to my online store!
Now I’ll share how I cut the pieces and put it all together:
- Cut Rococo Rose Cardstock at 4-1/4″ x 11” – Score at 2-3/4″ and at 8-1/4″ – Fold on both score lines.
- Whisper White Cardstock:
cut 2 at 5-1/4″ x 4″
cut 1 at 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Pressed Petals Specialty DSP:
cut 1 at 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
cut 1 at 6″ x 2-1/2″
cut 1 at 3-1/2″ x 1-1/4″
- Vellum Cardstock:
cut 1 at 4-1/4″ x 3″
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach 1 – 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White Cardstock to the inside of the card base. Use Snail Adhesive to attach 3-1/2″ x 1-1/4″ DSP near the left side of the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Use Snail Adhesive to attach the 5″ x 3-3/4″ Whisper White Cardstock to the other 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White Cardstock. Use Snail Adhesive to attach the 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ Pressed Petals Specialty DSP to the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Place Multipurpose Liquid Glue near the centre of the Vellum Cardstock. Attach it to the DSP.
- Use Mini Glue Dots to attach a length of Burlap Ribbon to the Vellum Cardstock.
- Use the Big Shot and Stitched So Sweetly Dies to cut a background layer from Rococo Rose Cardstock. Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to attach over the ribbon.
- Use Memento Black Ink to stamp the greeting from So Sentimental stamp set on Whisper White Cardstock. Use the Big Shot and Stitched So Sweetly Dies to cut it out. Use Snail Adhesive to attach to the Rococo Rose layer.
- Use Multipurpose Glue to attach the completed front layer to the left “gate” only!
- Use Multipurpose Glue to attach the 6″ x 2-1/2″ DSP to the envelope flap. Use Paper Snips to trim it.
Now you can see another sample made with DSP from the same package.
I hope you will give this a try and share your projects with me!